Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help, just entered the 21st Century - which phone app?

I like Google Sky Map, too, but Stellarium is my current favourite. Skeye, Distant Suns, and Night Sky Tools are good, and there's Sky Portal from Celestron (it's free). All good.

12 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Clear Outside app from FLO

Absolutely - I combine this app with the BBC weather app to get a detailed forecast.

I also use Star Walk on my iPhone. It's a very good interactive star map that, amongst other things, has a red light mode and a Telrad. You can also set the level of magnitude so that it won't show you objects that are too faint for your scope (it's helped me to avoid disappointment on one or two occasions when planning my targets for a session).

SkyPortal by Celestron is great if you own a Celestron telescope, as with the wifi link you can connect your electronic to the telescope and control it this way. Stellarium is also awesome!

I Have also made a blog post on this topic: https://stargazerslounge.com/blogs/entry/1897-the-up-to-date-guide-on-stargazing-with-electronics/

Just Noticed I leveled up to nebula. Yay!

Archived