Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sixth time lucky, my 1st real image.

MARS1960

Thank heavens i finally got an image, i was seriously considering giving it all up but now i'm more determined than ever.

Lots of light pollution from a sulpher lamp 10 yards away and moon was up there but had a clip in CLS filter.

10 x 60sec @ ISO 1600, 10 x 20sec @ ISO 1600, stacked in GIMP and a quick levels/curves as running a very old cheap laptop till Dell arrives.

Thanks for looking.

M42.png

well done , feel your pain its took my 3 nights to get my new kit working but its a great feeling when it all come together.

try bringing the blue inline with th red and green on the histogram. this will give you a better colour balance.

1 minute ago, Daniel-K said:

well done , feel your pain its took my 3 nights to get my new kit working but its a great feeling when it all come together.

try bringing the blue inline with th red and green on the histogram. this will give you a better colour balance.

Thanks Daniel, i will give that a try now, i'll feel more comfortable when my new laptop arrives as DSS and PS keep crashing on this old wind up lappy, hence using GIMP which i'm not at all familiar with.

Just now, MARS1960 said:

Thanks Daniel, i will give that a try now, i'll feel more comfortable when my new laptop arrives as DSS and PS keep crashing on this old wind up lappy, hence using GIMP which i'm not at all familiar with.

Gimps not too bad once you learn your way around it. just nail the basics in Gimp like aligning your RGB adjust your levels without clipping the black point. and even a basic image will look good with simple processing skills rather than trying to get too much from the data.  

2 hours ago, wornish said:

I would be very happy with your first real image.

I tried to get a similar shot and failed.

Great job

Thanks wornish,

Take it from me, it will come, my first 5 attempts were either non existent or or just utter awful messes.

Archived