NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bresser Scopes (152mm Mak)?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A surprising and disappointing result. Surprising as physics doesn't change overnight and it would have been expected that at the same magnification a 150mm telescope of whatever design should give a brighter image than a 80mm. The baffle tube on the Maksutov needs to be tapered so that the converging light rays from the primary mirror are not vignetted.

Really sorry to hear this has not worked out, i feel you will struggle to find a really good planetary scope to use with the SE mount, the C6 is said to be a rather good scope and is designed to use the mount

A surprising result and obviously very dissapointing for you. I'm glad you were able to send it back ok, and that weird chalky stuff around the corrector might have been justification alone, very strange? 

I've only had good experiences with Bresser scopes so far so. This and the 127mm Mak I had being so good makes me think that this was a dodgy unit perhaps?

C6 is a good call by Jules, perfect for the mount obviously, a bit wider field of view, good on planets natively and good on DSO's with the .63 reducer. I've only had the C8's but I'm just extrapolating. I've certainly had my most detailed planetary views with a good example of the C8. 

Yes a rather poor experience overall. Despite the small quality issues I must reiterate that a good amount of my dissapointment probably came from over expectation and not appreciating the Mak format. I know there a plenty that rate the Bressers and I may even consider one of their fracs in time.

As for the SE mount, well I think I'm going to keep the ed80 on that as a grab and go. It handles the little frac with ease and perhaps I expected too much from a single fork arm. 

Many have said it before, "the mount must come first", so, after I've moved home and assessed the sky quality at my new house I may look at the AZ EQ6GT that I planned to hang the Mak on and add a larger frac for planetary and DSO.

3 minutes ago, parallaxerr said:

Many have said it before, "the mount must come first", so, after I've moved home and assessed the sky quality at my new house I may look at the AZ EQ6GT that I planned to hang the Mak on and add a larger frac for planetary and DSO.

That's a great setup to have! I no longer own most of this unfortunately, but it was great while it lasted! The big frac slewing round is like a missile launcher heading to its target!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived