NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC2403

alan4908

I imaged the spiral galaxy NGC2403 during the infrequent clear skies during Dec/Jan.  Although it is relatively bright, I decided to go for a reasonably long exposure with my OSC.  Given the relatively wide field of view of my imaging set up and the relatively small size of the galaxy (23 x 12 arc minutes) I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of detail of the core but disappointed that the dust lanes and Ha regions didn't show up a little more.  Since I've now acquired a Ha filter and filter wheel,  I think I'll give it another reprocess when I acquire some Ha.  LIGHTS: 53 x 600s; DARKS: 30; BIAS: 100; LIGHTS:40.

Alan

NGC2403.thumb.jpg.115dc21f97872dc23ab2bd

John - yes, I was happy about the detail in the core but not so happy about the dust lane situation - I'm not quite sure what I can do to improve this.  I don't use a UV/IR blocking filter at the moment, so I think I might try and see what happens if I put one of these in front of my OSC.

Alan

Archived