Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My introduction to astronomy

As it feels like the middle of December instead of the end of May I thought I'd post a few pics of my new telescope while I wait on the clouds to clear.

Thanks to Steve @ FLO for the lightning fast replacement of the first Hyp. Zoom which had a little debris on an internal surface. I dropped him an email explaining the problem and received a tested replacement eyepiece in the post the next day - excellent customer service.

Col

post-14303-133877342023_thumb.jpg

post-14303-133877342028_thumb.jpg

post-14303-133877342034_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome, and with feathertouch focuser... Don't forget the first light report when the weather picks up. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.

Lee.

Thanks guys. Just waiting for the weather to change. The girlfriend thinks I'm going daft as I've developed this habit of sticking my head out the window and looking up every time I go into the kitchen.

Now I understand how frustrating this hobby can be and why sites such as SGL and Cloudy Nights (well named) are absolutely essential.

Col

Archived