Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pliades taken with pracktika slr

greencat

Hi green cat,

I must admit I think that open clusters like M45 look really nice with a big FOV. Even though the cluster itself is smaller I think the framing in your image is superb!

Do you mind a little constructive comment? Hope not cause I'm going to type it :lol: The images looks a little out of focus to me - not much but a little.

Is the Praktica camera film (and then you took a pic of the print with a digital camera) or is the praktica digital?

Regards

Ant

Just finished drying my eyes,

Yes the Pracktica is film. I photographed the photo with a Panasonic FZ20 5mp digital camera from about 6" away in a not very bright room. 2sec exposure caus I didnt want flash. It was just something I tried last night out of curiosity to see if I could bring out any more stars & improve the background sky.

The original photo has a bit of orange glow.

Thanks for your comments.

Yes I have many more film photos, lots of them very much the same.

One reason I started digital photography was that I got sick of getting one or two decent photos out of a 36 roll of film.

I have tons of blured moon shots.

My best ones are pinned up at work. I will have a go at digitaly pricessing them.

Still waiting for a propper clear night to test my first DSLR.

Archived