NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Horse and Flame

Velvet

At last managed to get some data with a clear sky :)

21 x 600 second subs unguided in Ha, i have no idea when I will get the other data as clear skies are a bit rare here at the moment.  Alnitac posed a few issues but hopefully the process is not too bad

95f0684ade690d55102dddf3321a9d5e.1824x0_

A nice fluffy HH there :)

Alnitak is well controlled too, you've got it down to a double so thats the most trickiest part done. I'd be tempted to run a high pass filter over that, the data looks good enough to take a dose.

erm, I am not very good with processing as yet,  curves and levels,  not sure on your high pass, can you give me a clue please :) 

Ok, back on the PC now (yay!). Regarding the high pass, one of our forum members (johnrt) has very nicely put together a handy Ps sharpening action you can use to "paint in" sharpness where needed:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/258106-selective-sharpening-in-photoshop-tutorial/

Follow the excellent tutorial or use the action straight off, its fairly simple to use :)

Alnitak - nice!  Those 3nm filters must have helped a lot there as well as processing.  Cracking shot.  Maybe a bit more contrast and a tad sharpening when you revisit it.  The high pass should work well on some key areas, as well as unsharp mask.  But don't go overboard just yet.

Archived