Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My mylar film

kev

Ok. After my success the other day I decide that i would do what i could to enhance contrast. I checked my baader film. Think I should have done that 6 month ago talk about yuk. Slightly oxidised, dust, the ofd cat hair. - and this is despite me protecting it when not in use, and checking it from eyepiece end for any defects every time i use it. The New film is a wonder to behold.

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos!

For me there's a lot more detail with the wedge. The film is very good indeed though and in terms of bang for buck it's a better option. That is in the short term at least. It's about safety for me though. Whilst film is very safe if used correctly, if your front mounted film filter gets knocked or blown off during observing then you may go blind; if your wedge drops out of the focuser while observing you get at worst a debit for a new one (having smashed the old one) and a slightly warm leg.

Archived