Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomy Center Ltd

I placed and order  and paid for an eyepiece from the above retailer over a week ago and have not received the item, despite two emails amnd one phone call, when they said they would get back to me and didnt. I am now a little worried, has anyone any information as to why this is

No, never heard of them. Odd that "astronomy centte" is a trading name of a management consultancy.

Some parts might not be in stock so they may be waiting for delivery of stock before they can send on to you. What did they say on the phone and in response to your emails. Some deliveries just take time.

Out of interest why did you pick this retailer compared to the numerous other main stream ones?

James

these have been advertising on Facebook of late, says founded in 2011, so a relatively young company id guess.

That said, there does not appear to be a premises where this shop is run from , so Im guessing / assuming that its a reseller of equipment from an "eshop" and has to order and relay on a per order basis.

Think I'll stick to FLO and a few other  trusted sources 

good luck with it though, hope they come through for you 

Not sure who they are, they appeared a while back and although the phone is Cambridge and the name similar to the old conglomorate that was scope and skies I think they have nothing to do with it.

They appeared after the Scope and Skies group disappeared or folded. SnS were part of The Astronomy and Nature Centre.

These seem to have adopted a similar name.

They seem not to be actually in Cambridge in any form - just a number from BT, however a redirection is simple so that means little - and from a simular question about 6-8 months back they are based in North or West London in reality, North I think. Not sure of the outcome from the previous question about them, the person had the same problem.

The reality is they have a Cambridge number, N London actual location and their returns are via an office (of some sort) in Letchworth. That combination would concern me as I suspect 2 of them are convenience addresses.

Your calls etc may make them get whatever item in the post, you will have to wait and see.

Thanks for the info. I purchased from them at a Astrofest a couple of years ago and their prices are usually very comprtative, as you suggest they were probably the Astronomy and Nuture Center,  I did not notice the change as they are useing the same advertising blurb. I bought ot via Paypal so I may go though the channels of getting a refund

There was nearly the exact same thread as this a couple of months ago same Cambs number and consultancy based in London what was explained that the guy runs the business from home so delays are to be expected but not to worry,Prehaps this is a weekend business?/part time?

Hi,

They have being advertising in the Sky at Night, November 2015 they have a half page advert!

Secondly, the outfit is called The Atronomy Centre, with no Ltd.

Thirdly, they are a telephone only supplier, as they do not give a shop address, which there is no substitute for face to face contact and being able to see the product in the flesh.... as they say.

I believe the Chinese factories have had or having a fortnight's holiday which could be part of the delay.

There is no excuse for not replying to emails etc. Customer Service is a major key to a successful business.

I would wait another week or two, if nothing has arrived by then, try emailing and phoning again.

If no answer, try contacting the advertise dept at the Sky at Night, because they should have a business address for them.

Please keep us all posted.

Incidentally, what eyepiece did you order?

Have a look at PayPal to see what their procedures are for reclaiming your money. I think PayPal changed them two or three years back.

Best of Luck!

Adrian

I have just received, at last, an email telling me that the EP ( Baader Hyperion 36mm) has just arrived and it will be dispatched tomorrow.

That is a relief but when placing the order I assumed that it was a stock item, other dealers I have purchased from have emailed me if not a stock item, which is only right, offering me a refund if I can't wait or their webpage shows if the item is ex stock, this Company did neither which imo is very poor customer service, they don't do themselves any good for repeat orders, which will not be mine. Thanks everyone for your comments.

If it was not in stock, and they did not contact you about this, then they have breached their own terms and conditions:

"‘In Stock’ orders are shipped the same working day if we receive the order before 2pm. You will be notified at the time of order by email (online orders) or by telephone (mail orders) if your item is backordered.

‘Back Orders’- If your item is not in stock within 5 working days of placing your order we will back order the stock for you and email you to confirm this status. Back-ordered goods that remain fully paid are placed on a priority over unpaid for orders.

‘Out of Stock’ Items - If your item is out of stock, we will contact you as soon as possible and offer the option to cancel your order or wait for the item to come in."

I wonder if this thread has prompted them to email you tonight...

It's not nice to pick fault with a new company, but if their customer service is [word removed] poor then that is a pretty poor show. Maybe they'll get their act together and become a market leader. Watch this space.

James

This company is clearly a retailer but yet displays its prices ex-vat? Yes... If you're a wholesaler/trade supplier but as a retailer it just smatters of desperation to appear cheap and achieve click bait from price comp websites.

If it was not in stock, and they did not contact you about this, then they have breached their own terms and conditions:

"‘In Stock’ orders are shipped the same working day if we receive the order before 2pm. You will be notified at the time of order by email (online orders) or by telephone (mail orders) if your item is backordered.

‘Back Orders’- If your item is not in stock within 5 working days of placing your order we will back order the stock for you and email you to confirm this status. Back-ordered goods that remain fully paid are placed on a priority over unpaid for orders.

‘Out of Stock’ Items - If your item is out of stock, we will contact you as soon as possible and offer the option to cancel your order or wait for the item to come in."

I wonder if this thread has prompted them to email you tonight...

It's not nice to pick fault with a new company, but if their customer service is [word removed] poor then that is a pretty poor show. Maybe they'll get their act together and become a market leader. Watch this space.

James

It seems that unfortunately we, as consumers, generally have to be wary, regardless of anything we buy on the net.  How many times has something been available then, 'another order was placed before yours and now we have to re-order'.  It seems that this is more frequent an occurrence with the China factor.  But that leads to another thread on the nature of retail sales - slightly OT :)

michael

Archived