Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first pic of the moon!

Jimmyj

Smashing start. Focus looks a touch off on my iphone, but might look better on a propper screen. What dis you use to capture it? Does the camera you have allow you to make a high dynamic range inage so you can get better contrast between the bright and dark areas? As others may say, imaging a near full or full moon is tricky as it's so bright you can easily burn out all but the coursest of detail. The best images, are often those taken at various phases of the lunar cycle with less surface illumination, and the shaddows cast at the junction of light and dark show some lovely detail :)

You could also try orientating the inage so it sits in a more conventional orientation. I do basic imaging processing like rotating and course adjustments in brightness with free software called Firestone, but there are countless free imaging processing software oackages out there; there is even a free version of photoshop (CS3 i think) if you hunt hard enough.

But a lovely start and a lovely target. Well done.

James

Archived