NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M27 - Dumbbell Nebula

Brent

This one is from the night of the 12th, a remarkably transparent night around these parts!

The guide graph wasn't actually as smooth as normal so I was surprised to find decent quality (for me!) subs. A coma corrector is STILL next on the cards once I've replaced the focuser.

Saturday night's looking good so I'm going to try to add another 2 or 3 hours of data.

Looking at the crop again, star shape is a little eggy so I may have let a dodgy sub or two through!

Details:

25 x 300s lights @ ISO 800, no darks (& no dithering), 50 flats, 50 bias.

Equipment listed in signature.

Thanks for looking, c/c very welcome.

The widefield:

post-12649-0-76486000-1439565694_thumb.p

And a drizzle crop:

post-12649-0-20887900-1439565737_thumb.p

Nice image Brent,

It's a great target love trying to image this. Will be having a go next week from a really dark site hoping for clear nights.

If I get anything even close to that I will be well happy.

:)

Gareth

Thanks everyone.

This is actually the first of my images that I prefer the cropped version to the widefield. I think the transparency had a lot to do with that.

Tonight is still looking very good here so hoping  to add to it. I hope everyone else gets clear skies to get out as well!

nice capture ,well done and it is clear tonight

bob.

Archived