NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New member in Milton Keynes, telescope TBC

RichMK

I have a sky watcher 150P, great scope. just learning myself. Ive had been advised to stretch to the 200 if I could, but funds would not allow. Last night i saw a great image of Saturn, some Messier objects M103 for example, so the 150P is a good scope. I got mine second hand too, so consider that option if you want more bang for your buck

maybe get a 5mm lens as I don't think they come as standard.

good hunting.

Great.  How low down is Saturn?  Still planning my first light...

Cheers,

Mark

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rich and welcome to SGL

I am relatively new and dare not question the experienced people who have already contributed, they really know their stuff, but as an owner of a 5SE i can recomend it highly, great views on most things and i like the goto. Just another view of things.

Cheers

Thanks everyone for the really friendly welcome. Great advice. Since I just spent £150 on a new shower pump yesterday, I think the Celestron SE 5 has gone out of budget. I'm really after a lazy goto. Lots to think about.

Not all scopes are for everyone, get the one you can move and get setup easy, if it is heavy and bulky this does not suit everyone and may be too much trouble to bother with

Go to does not make it fool proof you still need to know you way around the stars to set it up before it will work.

"So where is the "items for sale" thread? Can't seem to find it."

Rich- access to the Classified section is obtained once you have reached 50 posts, the ability to sell is granted once you have 250 posts under your belt  :)

Archived