Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quark - Live Broadcast Grabs

Spacedout

Hello All,

I was watching a broadcast by Johnno earlier who was testing out his new Quark on his Sky-Watcher ED80 and a .5 reducer.  So far I'd only ever seen processed images of the quark which impressed me no end and it is on my very long list of must haves!  However, I really wanted to know what it could do with live views and I have to say I was blown away!  Now that said I am easily pleased and others may have a different opinion but I'm sold!   Given these screen grabs are from a live stream and from someone using the eyepiece for the first time battling with thin clouds you have to wonder how much better they could be....

post-28683-0-19047500-1433359027_thumb.j

post-28683-0-15329200-1433359036_thumb.p

post-28683-0-88047400-1433359053_thumb.j

Hi karl..great stuff from john..this is only his second go at it.. saw his images earlier he posted at vaf and I cant believe how good they are wow..done his homework on the quark..not a solar fan but yeah I was stunned at how good they are cant wait for more..Davy

I love my Quark. I do imaging with it but I love observing live on the laptop screen too while it captures, though I use a mono camera and it's lovely to see the images here in glorious colour. For the price I think it is an amazing product that makes 80mm, 100mm, 120mm solar observing/imaging more affordable without doing your own PST mod.

Having just come in from a nice early morning solar session, I think you will be even more blown away with the real life views through the Quark. So much sharper and with bags of detail. They really are amazing bits of kit.

Thanks for posting that. I have a Quark on order from Widescreen Centre and my scope is an 80ED so this has got me even more excited. It should arrive this week if they can find some that work as they had to send a batch back as they were faulty.

Thanks for posting that. I have a Quark on order from Widescreen Centre and my scope is an 80ED so this has got me even more excited. It should arrive this week if they can find some that work as they had to send a batch back as they were faulty.

I know we are in the video forum, but are you planning doing video with the Quark or visual? Or both?

I love my Quark. I do imaging with it but I love observing live on the laptop screen too while it captures, though I use a mono camera and it's lovely to see the images here in glorious colour. For the price I think it is an amazing product that makes 80mm, 100mm, 120mm solar observing/imaging more affordable without doing your own PST mod.

Hi Luke, yes have seen some of your images and they are amazing, particularly the one you use for your avatar :)  I'd better get one of these things before Daystar put the prices up!

That does sound a bit worrying I'll have to look into that closer when I get round to placing an order.  Fingers crossed for the new arrival :)  

Just had a look, very nice, I have a couple of Solar scopes and cameras and was thinking it would be nice to have a real time image on the TV, better than many programs  :smiley:

Dave

What sort of range does a video transmitter have ?

I know we are in the video forum, but are you planning doing video with the Quark or visual? Or both?

I want to try video with my EOS550D but not sure how it work out. Will also be doing straight imaging and visual. Anything really.

Todays short video,  Samsung 2000p, 0.5 reducer and used the D zoom function @ x2

I seem to get better focus with a reducer in line for some reason.  I had a bash at processing it and failed miserably, never done it before looks like another thing to learn

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tfc475/18551509876/in/dateposted-public/

Looks like I missed a great show and hope to catch the next one bud  :grin:

Just had a look, very nice, I have a couple of Solar scopes and cameras and was thinking it would be nice to have a real time image on the TV, better than many programs  :smiley:

Dave

What sort of range does a video transmitter have ?

Dave, it depends on how much you want to spend on one and how far between the transmitter and receiver, the one I use is a cheapo off ebay for about £15 and gives poor results. I think the best one's are the one's that people use on drones / quadcopters

Archived