Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Early Bird Catches The ......

Tim

...Jupiters!

Had to be up preparing for this one from 2.30am. I have a VERY limited window of opportunity to grab Jupiter, the rising sun is fighting all the time for domination of the sky, and it has to clear a 20 ft fence at the airport to be visible, and THEN it starts ti disappear behind the neighbours house.

I was all set up and ready to take my first avi, and then a load of cloud rolled over. Jupiter was still fairly well ensconced in the murky carp of the atmosphere, so I was glad to be able to pull a little detail out. Tomorrow, skies permitting, the GRS should be visible, hope to capture that.

So here, from the murky depths, is my first Jupiter. Big fella aint he?

5091_large.jpeg

Cheers

TJ

The mount is my new EQ6, holding a C9.25, running a celestron neximage camera in RAW mode, processed in K3CCD, aligned in Reggie, and processed in CS3.

I tried with a 2x and 3x barlow but the seeing was just too carp.

I also got up this morning at 3.50 to set up again, and literally as soon as I put the camera in the diagonal, the clouds rolled in :(

I did get some avi footage, just about to process that, it SHOULD have shown the red spot, but the clouds were covering it at the critical time. If there's anything any good i'll post it later.

TJ

Karlo,

Not for this situation, no, the HEQ5 was extremely accurate with its tracking, and the eq6 is too.

The only reason for upgrading was that I have too much weight to use on the heq5 now, around 15kg of equipment.

Cheers

TJ

Archived