ES 14mm 100 degree

Pig

I tried to hold out for a TV 13mm Ethos. However, I got impatient and in the end after reading quite a few reviews and also seeing that FLO are now selling the ES range I decided to take the plunge and went for the 14mm.

As soon as I receive the eyepiece I will let everyone who is interested how it performs in the F5 & F6.3 shorty fracs. Both have 3" focusers and should be able to take the weight without any problems.

3.6 degree in the Esprit :shocked:

I might even get my first bar of chocolate off FLO tis time :grin:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yong,

Thank you, this was my reason for choosing the 100 degree, most reviews sounded favourable :smiley: I will soon find out.

Knobby,

I had a good look at choosing between 80ish and 100 degrees TV's & ES's. However, after my experience a couple of weeks ago with the 100 degree at our local dark site I knew I would most likely regret any other decision.

It's a belter, colleague has them (20,14,9mm) on his 14" dob and they are outstanding. He is just about to push the pain button for the 120 deg 9mm.

You are not going to be disappointed with this eyepiece.

Congratulations on the ExSc, I would think at F 5 it will perform fine, I know John tested the 20mm ExSc for a while in his F5.3mm and was not disappointed. That is a great FOV in the Espirit which I guess is the 80mm, nice scope, I need one.

I get about 3.4 degrees in my 115mm APO with a 41mmmm Panoptic and that looks amazing with the dark I have here though I am probably missing some of the light collecting power due to exit pupil and old eyes. My friend who is an eye surgeon tells me my eyes are at least 10 years younger than me, not sure I can work that one out, must have stolen them when I was a kid.

Alan

Damian,

Thank you.... Now all I have to do is wait, not that this is an issue with the clouds at the moment :smiley:

Alan,

The Esprit has exceeded all expectations for me.... the colours of the stars it delivers are fantastic so hopefully the views at our local dark site will be excellent..... :laugh:

Shaun - I've just got one ( + a 20mm!) from the classifieds this week ! Only been able to try it for a short while between clouds but very impressed. So far just with the 925 but can't wait to try them with the Dob!

Kerry

Excellent Kerry,

The 20mm will probably be a little to much for my peashooters.... But I hope to get a DOB one day :smiley:

Damian,

I have just moved the car out of the garage so I should just about be able to get the box in and close the door :grin:

I have to stop this thread.... due to some unforeseen events cause by a rather nasty storm and my car breaking down, both within 24 hours and both expensive, neither covered by insurance ! I have had to cancel the purchase of the eyepiece ..... you have to smile don't you :smiley: 

Shaun,

Sorry to hear this.Posts were going to cross in the ether and I just noticed your post above so am editing. Was posting a pic and congrats. So  did not post it.

Both in same boat, cam chain just jumped  -- bill   £788.25   :grin:

Great decision Shaun, you'll absolutely love any of the ES100 EP's. The ES82's are great but I found my eyelashes often hit the glass, not the case with the ES100's, you can dip your eye right in and you're just surrounded by space! 

Damnut,

Its an expensive game these days.... I am expecting a bill about the same amount for the car and the same again for the roof :shocked: what a waste of cash, could have got quite a nice scope for this amount  :smiley:

To put the cherry on the cake... I have fell foul to conjunctivitis :Envy: Just in time for the sunny weather tomorrow.

Conjunctivitis, nasty, eye full of grit. Glad I did not post the pic...I had to sell my 10"lx200 a couple of years ago, this would have almost recovered it, so I feel your pain...

Sorry to hear about your roof and car! I hope you can sort this out soon so that you feel more relieved! An eyepiece can wait, a damaged roof cannot!

When I was in my early 20, I suffered from conjunctivitis almost every day, and some times was very painful. It improved for no specific reason.. At the time I remember I used 'litres of eye drops',and lits of effort in not touching my eyes, to feel better

pdp,

I have not had it before and it is extremely irritating, my eyes feel like I have sand in them. At least the pharmacy is open so I can get some drops :laugh: and hopefully some respite.

I got the quote for the repair on my Merc from my local Mercedes main dealer yesterday and it came to a staggering (look away now if you don't like shocks ) ....... £3.5K and a 2 week collection time  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Sill shaking with bewilderment as the car has a full service history carried out by them too (and the last service was performed only100 miles ago) I took it 2 miles away to another Mercedes dealer, run by an old friend, and it came out at £450 with same day collection. (This was a no favours repair. he said it was a common fault and he was 90% sure of the cause from the off)

The initial dealer does not know I have had it repaired and I have asked them for a written quote and a breakdown of costs (forgive the pun) I will challenge them as soon as I get the quote.

Thank goodness you got that second quote! 3.5k is a crazy quote unless they are replacing half the car! 

It will be interesting to see how they justify that? 

I'm very pleased you got a sensible quote :)

Archived