Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first moon pictures :-)

Hi everyone!

I know these don't come close to some of the amazing pictures on here, but as a beginner i wanted to share some of my first pictures of the moon.

Camera i used was the Sony A390 and a Skywatcher 130M telescope

Clear skies to you all from a very happy beginner at the moment :-)

post-43904-0-22413700-1430423207_thumb.j

post-43904-0-34200200-1430423211_thumb.j

Excellent first images! Did you take single shots? Does your camera do video?

Alexxx

Hi,

Thanks very much!

Yes these were single shots, unfortunately my camera does not do video. I might have to upgrade that very soon :-)

Ben :-)

No worries there, just buy a cheap webcam and modify it for astro. Ask on here for best brands and tutorials. Webcams are what most people use. Or of course there are the dedicated planetary cameras like the ZWO ASI range, but they require a bit of outlay.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely images.  I already have a DLSR and wouldn't mind trying to take some images in the future, thought I've heard it's somewhat frustrating to get into.

Yes can be a little frustrating at first, the pics make it worthwhile though.

I wish i did abit more research before i went diving in - in my case the weak point is the mount and the inward focus on my Skywatcher, so these may be the best pics i can get with my setup.

I will keep trying and experimenting with different things for now and see how i go :-)

Clear skies

Archived