NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quark Chromo and the Whopper Prom

Luke

Hi everyone.

I was lucky to be able to image the big prom again on Friday (and I am hoping I bagged it this morning too despite the poor forecast!). This time I even remembered to record in 16 bits instead of 8. Not that 8 bits is bad, it's just that when I take disc and prom in the same shot, 16 bits works better with my Grasshopper 3 camera usually. I need some more practice with my ASI174 camera but somehow 8 bits tends to feel "deeper" on that cam, perhaps it's just my imagination or more frames in the stack making it deeper. Thanks for looking.

PS Folks often ask which Quark, Chromosphere or Prominence, are proms okay in the Chromo? I hope this image shows Quark Chromo is okay on proms, it certainly is okay at the eyepiece :laugh:

17237733516_f1646b2628_o.jpg

---
24th April, 2015
Equinox 120, Quark Chromosphere, Grasshopper 3 camera (ICX687), 0.5x reducer, red and yellow crayons

Archived