Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is it worth imaging the moon tonight - 23rd April?

Droogie 2001

Hi,

I was just wondering whether it is worth trying to image the moon tonight? I do not have many images of a 5 day old moon so I would be keen to have a go but the Moons elevation is quite low in the sky for me.

@ 21.00 its around 35 degrees and @ 22.00 its 26 degrees.

Not sure if it is going to be a wobbly mess. I know I could just set up and explore visually. Also need to plan for some targets does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Go for it - run off some avi's of about 4000 frames and stack about 200-300 frames from each.  If you get things right you will have time to make a mosaic of the Moon.  You should be able to get quite a presentable image in moderate seeing.  If you are lucky and the seeing is good then you may be able to get something really quite good.

The Jetstream is not over the UK tonight so seeing has a decent chance of being quite good.    http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=jetstream;sess=

Archived