The Sun - 19th Apr 2015

David Smith

The streak lives!

By the skin of my teeth but managed to grab a few frames in some gaps late this afternoon.

EDIT: Thought something was not quite right. Checked back and found that I had not cleared the card in the camera after yesterdays session and had picked up those files when trying to process today's data! Doh :embarassed: Anyhow, I do have data from today but it may have been mis-represented by the earlier posted images. Apologies for the error. These are not quite so pretty :tongue:

16583886703_17f1b44bbc_o.png20150419 by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

17178145406_1bf4e8dfb0_o.png20150419mono by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

Nice images :)  

Really enjoying watching these active regions move across the solar disc, since owning my Ha scope I have never known so many sunspots as this.

I am lucky to have the next 2 days to myself & I plan on putting in some serious viewing time before work shifts get back in the way. I bought a sun hat today as i was noticing how so easy it is to forget you are in the suns rays whilst getting utterly lost in the eyepiece.  

Sorry to sound like i'm harping on a bit, but seriously everyone be careful with your skin,  cover up whilst enjoying the views ! :)   No one should lose a loved one to the bearer of life :) 

Archived