Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturated Colour Moon 29-03-15

Nick Smith

Hi guys

One of the first images I have compiled from my recent holiday in Barbados.  The luminance data for this was shot using the ASI174MM camera with a red filter, the colour data from a Canon 600D.  Taken at prime focus of the C9.25.

This is the small (50%) image.  Here is the link to the full-sized version for anyone who is interested: 

http://www.pbase.com/nicksmith/image/159696955

Thanks for looking!

original.jpg

That, quite frankly, is one of the best, if not the best lunar shots I have ever seen. Beautifully processed - detailed yet subtle - just look at the wonderful subtlety of colours near the terminator. Just a peach image Nick, very well imaged indeed sir! :icon_salut:  :icon_salut:  :icon_salut:  and for good measure another.... :icon_salut: .

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks very much everyone for all the generous comments.  I am glad you like it!  It was my intention to create a series of shots like this, but this was the only night where I had the 20-30 minutes of continuous clear sky required to complete the task.

Archived