NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone dealt with Astroboot?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd echo the positive feedback from most of the posters. Not lightening quick but great prices with occasional outstanding bargains..

Just recently I bought a brand new genuine Berlebach wooden accessory tray for my CG5 heavy duty wooden tripod- paid a tenner plus £1.50 shipping!

Plus, they often have odd bits you can't find anywhere else..

Dave

Well my Mrs. informs me that my scope has indeed been delivered.

(Skyline 200p Dob)

The problem is she is shocked at the size of the boxes. Her quote: "It look's like one that should be in a museum"

I'm now panicking that I won't have room in the garage to store it (my garage is pretty busy as it is)- and there isn't really any room in the house to leave it set up.

Good place tobuy those hard find items. Postage was within 3 days. What else do you want from a budget no frills service?

Well it was more like 5 working days but i'm happy with that. I was just a bit worried that they werent responding to my emails or calls.

They are a fairly small setup and I guess they only have collections a couple of times a week, not daily.

That is just the way they are, and you did say that Easter was sort of in the middle.

Can get the sort of odd bits that you cannot pick up elsewhere.

Their bits do seem to turn up however.

Last thing I bought I was not expecting it for a week or two, turned up after 3 days. Actually a bit surprised.

I had a couple of small items missing from my refractor order and they replied 2 weeks ago asking for a photo to show exactly what screw (the one item) I am talking about, but I have not heard back since! I have sent them numerous emails from 2 accounts, left a message on their answering machine... WTH? I don't get it, have you guys actually had interaction with them these last two week? It is like they are gone... I had ordered a couple of times before and I was happy, and this order was not bad apart from a small screw and cap missing, but are they ignoring me now or something else going on?

I had a couple of small items missing from my refractor order and they replied 2 weeks ago asking for a photo to show exactly what screw (the one item) I am talking about, but I have not heard back since! I have sent them numerous emails from 2 accounts, left a message on their answering machine... WTH? I don't get it, have you guys actually had interaction with them these last two week? It is like they are gone... I had ordered a couple of times before and I was happy, and this order was not bad apart from a small screw and cap missing, but are they ignoring me now or something else going on?

I had no interaction with them at all but then I had no problems and my order arrived fine.

I think they are a small company (1 person even) so may not have the time to respond yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would chip in with my experience...

Ordered an ex-demo NEQ6 from them on Sunday morning before the last bank holiday. Great price and with 12 months warranty!

The item was taken off the site and then, on Tuesday I noticed it was back on. As I am a bit of a worrier I phoned/emailed them to check that everything had gone through okay, and received a call and email back on the Wednesday to confirm it was all ordered and out for delivery (free) that same day for overnight shipping.

I am always wary when ordering online from somewhere I am not familiar with but this thread, and the contact from the Astroboot team, put me at ease and I would happily buy from them again!

I ordered the out of collimation Helios Apollo 28x110 Binos Tuesday and they arrived Thursday :) Great service, they were also good on their email.

The binos are absolutely mint other than just needing collimation, fantastic value for money!

Archived