SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Anyone dealt with Astroboot?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They used be part of 'scopesnskies' but are now an ''independent'' seperately run ''no ties'' supplier, as it intimates in the Astroboot title 'who are we' bit.

Not dealt with Astroboot.

I've bought a few things from them recently including a nice hardwood tripod. Easter will have made an impact on delivery and he (it's just 1 person I think) has had a sale over the past few days so the volume of sales might have jumped up.

I was charged just £1.50 to deliver my tripod and it arrived well packed and in the condition stated after about a week. It's a sort of budget service but it works well enough I feel.

I bought a Plossl EP that took about a week to arrive (Easter...). I was mildly concerned to note that the EP remained on the listings for a day or two, but then I guess they're a small outfit with limited time to do everything.  

Delighted with my purchase and will almost certainly be back for much much more...

I have delft with them several times, and found them good although  touch on the slow side, if an item was out of stock i have had a very apologetic phone call from them also.

In the years that I have been buying from 'AstroBoot', they have only let me down once to date. The item I ordered was not what I ordered. That was soon resolved via an email and a phone call. James returned the phone call and was very apologetic. The incorrect item was returned the same day I received it. I received what I originally ordered a week later. 

If you ordered late on Thursday then it will only have been shipped on Tuesday at the earliest so second class post would be perhaps any day from today to Monday I'd say. As John says not bad for £1.50 for a scope. I bet they lose a few quid on postage.

I've bought at separate times a mirror and also an Newtonian OTA from Astroboot. They took about a week to arrive, but everything was well packed and arrived safely and at £1.50 delivery charge I certainly had no complaints.

I have bought from them on a few occasions, and always found them superb, the postage is second class Royal Mail, but if you buy three items or spend over £25 on one item the postage is free....so can't complain there.

I had an item sent once that was not what I ordered and an email later I was told to keep the item, and the correct one was then sent free of charge, so first class service there

Very fair and superb all round service in my book....

Regards

AB

I sent them an email about purchasing an Eq6 finderscope back cover some time ago and never got a reply.

I have never seen one on sale on their site since.

I know I was enquiring from abroad but at least expected a reply.

I like the descriptions of the items on Astroboot - it's good to see a sense of humour - see the ones on the misc. page for the ant burner or Bresser keep fit pedometer for example. 

Every now and then a real bargain crops up on there too - Ive not used them yet but probably will at some point - after all got to keep fit burning those ants! :smiley:

Graham.

Archived