NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just to annoy Martin! M65-M66 01/04/08

Whippy

Looks like I'm getting the hang of this now :rolleyes:. Had it all set up and ready to go in about 30 mins but had to wait about another 30 mins before the cloud passed overhead! It was worth it when it did though :), I can't fit all 3 galaxies into the FOV with the ZS110 so perhaps another crack at this with the 66 doing imaging duty rather than guiding might be in order. Looks like the guiding 'dying' issue is sorted, just turned off all the power saving settings in Windows so that didn't play up and despite the wind which was gusting fairly strongly at times, all went well. Result!!

So here we go, taken by my Atik 16HR, WO ZS110 with Baader IR Cut and Hutech LPS filters, guided by my ZS66, QHY5 and PHD. 5x10 mins, 3x7mins and 2x5mins, processed in photoshop.

Enjoy :lol:.

4901_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Tony..

Thanks all :lol:. I had to work today and all I was thinking about was processing this and bringing out the detail!

Grrrr :rolleyes:

That's a quality effort Tony. You could always capture the ngc and do a mosaic rather than start afresh with the zs66

:):lol:, you know I love you really...

Mike, Martin, the mosiac idea sounds like a plan :laugh:. May well investigate!!!

Tony..

Thanks all :rolleyes:. I'm surprised myself at how things are progressing! Fingers crossed the skies over Kelling (and everywhere else!) will allow everyone to get a proper session in. I'm off to Tesco's today to get a few cans of Coke or Red Bull.

Tony..

Archived