NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Solar eclipse 2 hour animation

Space Cowboy

A very rough gif animation, need to center the Sun and even up levels but you get the idea. Still can't get over the fact it was clear this morning in Cheshire!

Btw can anyone advice how I can get PIPP to properly center the disk as I'm not having any success. Planets I'm fine with but Solar shots seem to jump all over the place after using PIPP to center.

Some pretty bad compression artifacts on this gif. I will use youtube for the final output.

post-4016-0-10792500-1426871582.gif

I bet PIPP has problems recognising the disc as a disc during an eclipse and that might mess up its idea of where the centre is.  Might be worth sending Chris a PM to see if he can help.

James

Thanks Pete! Can't seem to get Chris's method to work so might try manually aligning in registax saving as registered avi and then putting that through PIPP.

Ah, I thought that the intermittent cloud in your images might cause problems for the block matching algorithm.  It does look like particular tricky data to work with!

Could I get hold of your source images to try out an idea I have?  JPEG format should be fine for this.

Cheers,

Chris

Ah, I thought that the intermittent cloud in your images might cause problems for the block matching algorithm.  It does look like particular tricky data to work with!

Could I get hold of your source images to try out an idea I have?  JPEG format should be fine for this.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for your offer Chris I've PM'd you my dropbox link for the jpegs.

Archived