NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter March 17th

Space Cowboy

Hi there, your image is lovely!  Might I ask, as I've got the same camera and had my first go at Jupiter this week, how you manage to get 35fps?  What sort of exposure did you have it set to.  I'm new to this but is it the case that it's ok to have a "dark" image on the laptop due to the shorter exp times?  Or do you always need to up the gain to get a bright and detailed image on the screen?

Again, lovely image, I'd love to see what you come up with if that wasn't good seeing.

You need to keep the exposure histogram at 60-70% Notty.You don't want the image too dark. I usually have gain at 40-50% any higher and things get noisy with this cam. If trans is good then the frame rate can be 60-70fps as I adjust the exposure speed to get the desired histogram fill mentioned above. Of course this all depends on the focal length used.

Very interesting thanks. Which capture program are you using? I'm using ezplanetary and I don't think it's the most user friendly but it's the only one I've managed to get working with the QHY5L-iic

Archived