Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Skywatcher Canada site seems to be the best source of information for Skywatcher products

http://ca.skywatcher.com/_english/01_products/02_detail.php?sid=336

EDIT- if you're looking for a 600mm FL Newt have a look at the GSO 6" F4 only 1kg heavier, but shorter, better focuser, bigger 8x50 finder and above all a fast F4

Yeah they've put them up, when I was msg-ing you about the f4 newt it was only 350 Eur, it's now 399

I remember looking at these about 2 years ago, it was very temping to get one when they were something like 299 Euros, but for a scope that needs modifying as soon as you take it out the box 399 euros is just silly. You can get the 130pds plus the .9 coma corrector for less than that! 

Shame because I sometimes fancy the challenge of the 6" f/4, and as laser says the focuser is nice (I've had the 150 f/5 version in the past) 

Would it really need modifying though? Don't think LaserJock has? He also uses a laser collimator and his gallery is impressive :)

Yeah these need the primary mirror cell modding to help the collimation stay put. I've seen threads in the past where LJ has done 6 spring mods to his GSO f/4's, I'm pretty sure he had to do the same to his 6" f/4.  

Hopefully laserjock will be along to say for sure what he did. I'd actually buy one of these as a project if they would put the price back to where it should be.

Here's one of LJ's mod threads for his GSO 8" f4.

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/188976-8-f4-newtonian-mirror-cell-mods/

well we went of topic a little with the GSO 6" f4.................thanks for suggesting it but at  399 euro plus it would NEED a coma corrector thingy, it just comes out to expensive for what i want, the 130p ds is still looking a strong contender, but i might get a short fast refractor...............or sell the lot and get a C8

Would it really need modifying though? Don't think LaserJock has? He also uses a laser collimator and his gallery is impressive :)

These scopes could probably be used straight from the box- just my experience with the larger (read heavier mirror) Newts indicates half an hour spent changing the springs is worth the effort.

Archived