NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81 and M82 at halfway point

perfrej

Hi all!

Currently sucking M81's and M82's photons from our remote observatory at Olly's and have reached a half-way point; 5 hours each of L, R, G and B. Throwing it together reveals that:

• it is really good data
  • I need to do more LRGB as I feel really unsure of all this.

I will practice a lot this spring though, at least that is the promise to self.

20 subs in each channel, 15 minute exposure. Strange processing in PI, MaximDL and Photoshop. Capture with ACP.

10Micron GM2000HPS II

QSI 683 wsg8 with Astrodon filters

TEC-140

Everything unguided.

Look at the high res and count galaxies ;)

Full res: http://filer.frejvall.se/M8182Prov1.jpg

M8182Prov1-1024.jpg

I'm no expert, haha not by a LONG shot, but I have seen a few other people grabbing this target the last few weeks and those hitting 30min subs have seen some wonderful detail coming through, even the IFN is being seen. With your kit i'm sure 30min subs would bring more to the party :)

Phil

a superb shot the high res it incredible and the IFN is showing up nicely :cool:  you wont have any issues at 30mins not at Olly's place

I agree, there is a massive amount of the IFN showing up!  One thing though, I had to download the image and open it in photoshop as the blacks seemed reallly clipped, a little stretch and the IFN showed up nicely - is this my monitor or the image?

I think 30 minute subs will pop the IFN. I used 30 minutes at F5 so you won't have any issues at F7. I'd suggest a lot, though. I had 18x30 Lum at F5 and it wasn't excessive. It still needed lots of bad behaviour in Photoshop!!!  :grin:

Focus and tracking are really top class giving wonderful small-scale detail. I wonder if you ran SCNR green? If not I'd give it a try.

Olly

Archived