Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Today's the day we started the Obsy!

Mikyg

Come to this thread a bit late, but the design looks awesome, I've not read through all the posts but saw your rain sensor, and it sounds an alarm and turns on lights. Just a thought, you might not want it to turn on lights if it is a false alarm and ruin your imaging run.

Apologies if you've already addressed this, like I said, I didn't read all the posts :)

Matt.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come to this thread a bit late, but the design looks awesome, I've not read through all the posts but saw your rain sensor, and it sounds an alarm and turns on lights. Just a thought, you might not want it to turn on lights if it is a false alarm and ruin your imaging run.

Apologies if you've already addressed this, like I said, I didn't read all the posts :)

Matt.

Hey ive actually bought one off ebay but i got it for the roof. I was gonna connect it to the garage door motor so if it rains the roof will close itself.  Its coming on now thanks

Can't tell from the pic, but if your film is up and unsupported, it will fill with water and collapse. Better on the floor, the framing will tolerate some rain.

Hey yeah i took the picture just after i had put it up but shortly after i put plastics pipes across the walls in all directions to stop it sagging and collapsing.  Got the supports for the beam which to roof will slide over done yesterday and the last wall panel. The roof rolling equipment arrives i  the morning and i have some liquid rubber to protect the bottom panels from any moisture (just painting the bottom foot of the walls. Also got the door glass and panel i  so can all be locked although it doesn't really make a difference as i don't yet have a roof hehe 

I got them from a company called fhbrundle. I think the site is www.fhbrundle.co.uk    i haven't fitted the track and wheels yet but the quality is awesome.  Let me know if i can help u with anything

Hi mikyg coming along great.. can I ask where you got your track from? And wheels . John

I got them from a company called fhbrundle. I think the site is www.fhbrundle.co.uk    i haven't fitted the track and wheels yet but the quality is awesome.  Let me know if i can help u with anything

Ok so this is the basic idea i have for the roller system for the roof. Ive just got to figure the best option for a bracket to stop the roof lifting with high winds. post-34895-0-35018100-1428104885_thumb.j

If your top plate is wood, why not at 4 locs, drill right through parallel to the ground from in to out. Just above that on the roof support lag bolt a steel strap , long enough to cover the hole in the top plate. Strap has hole in each end. Then when you want to secure, slide a long bolt right through and various nuts and washers as required.

Ok its all taking shape now, ive got the frame for the roof fitted out with the rollers and it moves freely and nicely. Ive attached a rafter temporarily just to make sure they fit and they're perfect. Ive also screwed a timber to stop the whole thing rolling off with the wind lol.

post-34895-0-18347000-1428698524_thumb.j

post-34895-0-78899000-1428698571_thumb.j

post-34895-0-44344900-1428698606_thumb.j

post-34895-0-54700600-1428698641_thumb.j

post-34895-0-01901300-1428698682_thumb.j

I've been away for a while and can't believe how much you've done! I am, as my daughter might say, "well jel" :grin:

I have to say though, you might want to work on your star focus in those last pics. :wink::grin:

Haha ill do a long exposure next time so i can all the detail in. Failing that ill photoshop A huge saturn in the back ground see if i can pass it off as real hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, sorry i haven't updated for a while i came across a problem with the roof.  I attached all the roof rafters but noticed that at the end of the roof on both sides the wood was bending down towards the track so the roof would rub on the track and cause all sorts of problems so it was tools down and i ordered four new wheels. The wheels arrived on the day i had to have an operation and have had a catheter in since until yesterday. I did manage to get two of the wheels on the worst affected side on on saturday before my better half dragged me off and gave me a rollicking lol. So long story short lol im gonna get back this week and get some done.

post-34895-0-71010400-1429698500_thumb.jpost-34895-0-98459800-1429698565_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

It's coming along great. It's around this time in my build that I fitted hooks inside incase of bad weather. :wink2:

Thanks Doug, yes was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago. i screwed timber between the wall and roof in several places to stop it from lifting so until i get the hooks i need that should do the job. 

Archived