Mikyg

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17 May 2016 at 20:27, SacRiker said:

It looks amazing with the scope in place. Any updates? Everything work out how you wanted it?

Sorry for the late reply, we've not started everything up yet so not too sure but pretty confident it should all work fine. Ive just today finished the outside so can finally get the inside sorted.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fantastic obsy but my word the builders sure didn't have privacy in mind when they were building your estate. Is there anywhere in your garden where your no overlooked ? I bet your glad you have the obsy now so you can escape any curtain twitchers.

Sorry to go a little ways off topic Mikyg but I went to http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/birmingham-back-to-backs at Christmas and it just hit me that it would have been in it's day a very similar lay out to your estate. Just thought I'd mention it as you might enjoy a visit ?? It is booking only as you get a guided tour and very popular so there is often a long waiting list but well worth a it. 

• 1 month later...

Thank you sir,

i wish my brother had done a bit more as promised so we could have had it finished earlier as my dad is retiring in a couple of weeks so will be a lot to learn, but my dad loves it and all the ear ache off the missus from spending every saturday for a year on it has been worth it haha.

Can't wait to have a few nights over imaging. I'm a bit jealous myself lol

14 minutes ago, The Head Gardener said:

Stunning!!  I'm very, very late to this thread but have just caught up all the way from the first post.  Your Dad is a very lucky chap, you and your brother have built him an amazing obsy.  Well done to all :)

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, just a quick update......

welll a lot has happened since the build and the family have had some nice nights in the obsy.

soon after I finished the build I decided to take up carpentry as I thoroughly enjoyed building this. I took one year in college doing my level 1 in carpentry and joinery then landed an apprenticeship with a good firm, I am now qualified and studying advanced.

for my dad it's been a bit more tricky and in hindsight would probably have been better to not go down the imaging route.

we've had some nice nights but he can't really get his head round computers and all the different software. When we first talked of him buying a scope I suggested he get a big dobsonian but he was adamant that he have a big computerized telescope with an observatory lol so I did as he wanted for his retirement.

sadly as time has gone on he's realized that he just wants to use a telescope for visual and not imaging(after spending a fair few quid on imagining equipment)

So I decided I'd make him a  dobsonian mount for his 250pds. I've done most of it and left it at my dads as he wanted something to do in the week. It's now been painted and I am going to put it all back together at weekend.

hope all is well folks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived