Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Buy one, get one fr.........well actually it was "intend to buy one, end up with two!"

Stu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stu,

It is on my to do list, I don't know which one it would be and sleeping is a bit of a problem as I don't have any gear for that but I am sure you will see me one day. The biggest problem is my Son at school, they finish at 12.20 every day and I have to look after him in the afternoon, but maybe I can sort something out , where there is a will. I would love to come to one of the SGL meets, maybe fly into Manchester and get the train down to somewhere near.

John,

I too have a few eyepieces which is a problem as the wife is asking what this one does that this one don''t

Alan

I'm in Stoke so only 45 min from the airport... we could be in lucksall in 2.5-3 hrs :)

True, eyepieces are easier to hide!

For the record, my current scope count is 13! This needs to come down quite dramatically to 8 very soon (if my maths is correct)!!

Thats a lot Stu. I feel guilty having 5 and 3 of those don't get much use !

I think budget comes into it too. The most I've spent on any single item, even a scope, is £800. If I had the budget I'd have a slew of Takahashi's, Astro Physics and an Obsession dob :smiley:

I think budget comes into it too. The most I've spent on any single item, even a scope, is £800. If I had the budget I'd have a slew of Takahashi's, Astro Physics and an Obsession dob :smiley:

Yep, it is too many, but four of them are fracs which are used for holidays, grab and go or solar use.

Of course budget is an issue. If I get into financial strife then obviously quite a few would go, although the big eyepieces would go first.

As said, I'll get it down to 8, then we are about equal ;-). If I had darker skies, the grab and goes would be less important to me.

I've got three 'scopes. Five if you count finder 'scopes :). I'd like to add one more frac around 100mm short fl and a big dob 16"-18" but given the choice, I think I'd rather stay married :D

There's a pattern here. It looks as if folk generally start out with just the one scope which peaks at 2, then there's a slight drop and then a second peak comes bounding in at around 5 to 8 scopes :smiley:

To be honest, sounds a fantastic and very civilised way of being :grin:

I've got three 'scopes. Five if you count finder 'scopes :). I'd like to add one more frac around 100mm short fl and a big dob 16"-18" but given the choice, I think I'd rather stay married :D

Ok crikey, if you count finders I'm up to 16! Mind you two are home made from a pair of binoculars so they don't count either....

Kind offers as always for all of you. This year is too close but lets see if I can sort something for next. Flying into Manchester or Gatwick is reasonablely cheap but any of the regional airports is silly money from here and I know my way around airports, last time I used it for business and I don't mean business class, Sofia to Humberside via Prague and Amsterdam was 1450 euros, EJ to Manchester is about 230e, it's a scope.

Still I can ask where is best to go nearer the time even Birmingham is off the map from here, there is always the bus.

BTW it's off topic again,

Hope you have some clear sky in oban if not the whisky is OK.

Alan

Archived