Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 30/12 from Bembridge - Revisited

SnakeyJ

Following inspiration from Stuart's post on using WJ black magic to derotate each channel before doing the RGB derotate, I decided to have a go myself.

A bit of a marathon session as I reprocessed and stacked 6 processed images for each channel.   The quality was variable, but the overall SNR is definitely improved considerably - despite the slight limb defect creeping in.

Orig best RGB Stack versus WJ combined and stacked:

post-26731-0-80934500-1421881635.png   post-26731-0-66543000-1421881665_thumb.p

Not to shabby and will be good to try with more consistent data, when conditions allow.

For comparison here's the original best red against the WJ derotated 6 R channels.

post-26731-0-12913900-1421881859.png   post-26731-0-54145300-1421881832.png

(original images are on left) Excuse the rotation!

Oooh, shame about the limb artefact, as that's come out really well otherwise.

James

I think it's a measuring error, where I adjusted focus and image scale slightly over the session - can probably clean this up with some tweaks, but my eyes are shot now ;)

Excuse me, what is WJ? Lovely Jupiter BTW.

Extremely useful and unique software by Grischa Hann (et al) for measuring and de-rotation of planetry images. There's a good tutorial out and thread here, but cant find and link from tapatalk anymore - [emoji35]

hI Jake good experiments. Your data is so much better of late, its like a different person.  Drop the LD value to 50 this might sort out that edge problem.

Just out of interest what frame rate are you using for your red  and what exposure measured the IC capture lingo way 1/60th secs ect

what gain, are you using and histogram percent. These cameras look way more sensitive than what I am using

hI Jake good experiments. Your data is so much better of late, its like a different person. Drop the LD value to 50 this might sort out that edge problem.

Just out of interest what frame rate are you using for your red and what exposure measured the IC capture lingo way 1/60th secs ect

what gain, are you using and histogram percent. These cameras look way more sensitive than what I am using

Thanks will try with the LD adjustment tonight.

Re gain at 4000mm gain and frame rates for 640*480 in good trans are:

L gain 10% shutter 8.9ms 110fps

R&G gain 20% shutter 14-16ms 106fps

B gain 22% shutter 18 100fps

IR gain 35% shutter 22-26ms 65fps

Or there abouts. I try and hit 70% for histogram.

I can post some fc logs if you want.

The cmos undoubtedly noisier than 618 ccd, but way faster!

On mars I was clocking over 200fps for lum and around 150fps for R&G on 300x300 ROI, B 120ish.

The speed certainly helps with seeing :-)

One difficulty with freely abbreviating everything is that those unfamiliar can't Google it. It's called WinJUPOS BTW.

Sorry Kalasinman - I'm a one fingered phone typist and don't always expand when using tapatalk ;-)

Archived