Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

another re-introduction

wigan1895

Hi

I thought I would say hello again now that my wife has bought me a wonderful Meade 125PE for my birthday. Normally I would would use bins. I hope you folks will not mind the odd daft question from time to time as I try and get my head round using a telescope for the first time

Hello :)

Scopes like the ETX can take a bit of getting used to, so I recommend asking rather than struggling! When I got my ETX 4 years ago I had no-one to ask and I got frustrated - if only I knew then what I know now!!. My biggest tip is to use a power pack like this http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=49038&source=1&DOY=11m3 rather than use batteries, as the goto is very sensitive to power drops. I used to wonder why it would work brilliantly one night, but be useless the following night :wink:

Helen

Thanks folks.

A quick question how long does a new telescope stay a cloud magnet? I have had mine :D now for 10 days and every night no stars!

The general rule of thumb is thet the length of time is proportional to the cost of the items purchased!!! :afro:

Archived