Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads up , BBC4 tonight at 21:00 ....

Steve Ward

just in the nick of time.....

Yes me too !

thanks Steve

Excellent prog, they even managed to talk Big Bang without multiple silly graphics !

Nice to see J.Bell laid back about it all, she wasnt always at such peace ! But quite right, there are now so many multiple Nobels sculling around that she is distinguished in being one of the few who should have but didnt. (Quite apart from "him" having done his best to poohpooh and disuade her !)

Brilliant Steve, thanks so much for the heads up! 

I've just watched the programme on the iPlayer and must say although I've seen most of the content before in different BBC episodes, it was great to see and hear so many brilliant scientists in one show!!  :smiley:  :icon_salut:

Well worth a watch if you can. Having just read the biography of Paul Dirac "The Strangest Man" it was good to hear him speak and see clips of him. Also good to see clips of Richard Feynman again. Surely they could make something like this a series?

SGL user Feynman has a very large list of Feynman related links in the Physics, Space Science section of SGL here that deserves mention.

Graham.

It was an interesting programme, but a I felt had a liitle bit of a scatter-gun approach.  Perhaps it was because it was (as someone else has mentioned) simply a well-edited compliation of old footage.

I would have preferred to see a more in-depth programme about the personal and professional life and work of a single physicist.  (Idea for a series?)

It was an interesting programme, but a I felt had a liitle bit of a scatter-gun approach.  Perhaps it was because it was (as someone else has mentioned) simply a well-edited compliation of old footage.

I would have preferred to see a more in-depth programme about the personal and professional life and work of a single physicist.  (Idea for a series?)

agreed, it was good for an hour progamme. it would make a good idea for a series to cover them.

Archived