Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Waterproofing your handsets

Hi guys

Anyone have a solid way to stop condensation build up on the scope handsets? i was at six penny handley recently and the build up on the handsets was getting bad. Last year Mark lost a handset to it and my was doing some funny things till it dried out

Cheers

Seems to... The Meade autostar handest used to like begin kept a bit warm or they would almost "freeze" - run really slow -  so I used to use those chemical hand warmers attached to the back of it with rubber bands and put it inside a plastic bag and used to use another rubber band around the open end...

Peter...

Hi guys

Anyone have a solid way to stop condensation build up on the scope handsets? i was at six penny handley recently and the build up on the handsets was getting bad. Last year Mark lost a handset to it and my was doing some funny things till it dried out

Cheers

Either use a sealable freezer bag or wrap it in clearfilm iwth wire end particularly well wrapped.

A.G

Archived