Quick question about Philips SPC900NC

ChrisThePuma

Hi

I have a Philips SPC900NC webcam and want to know the recommended viewing/capturing software to use with it please?

I currently use one software (cant remember which one) but the actual viewing window is quite small so wondered if there is a newer recommendation out there?

thanks

Chris

Either FireCapture or SharpCap should do the job.  I found SharpCap was easier for me when I started out.

The camera resolution is only 640x480 so most displays should manage that at full resolution quite happily.  Stick to at most 10fps otherwise the compression starts to throw a lot of data away.

James

If you're happy with it then I'd stick with it unless you just want to see what else is out there to be honest.  I started off using wxAstroCapture on Linux and found it ok but a little restrictive, so I moved to SharpCap fairly quickly.

James

If you're happy with it then I'd stick with it unless you just want to see what else is out there to be honest.  I started off using wxAstroCapture on Linux and found it ok but a little restrictive, so I moved to SharpCap fairly quickly.

James

Thanks for the quick reply James yeah I am happy to stick with it for now, maybe I'll wait until I have more experience before moving on 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived