Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help With Registax

I've been using Registax to process avi's of Jupiter. I'll get the image processed to my liking and when I save it, the image doesn't save as shown in Registax. If I have the two open side by side the saved image is significantly darker and less defined. I've followed Astronomy Sheds beginner tutorial on youtube and I don't think I've missed any steps. any help would be appreciated.

It doesn't really help you right now but I would say that I fell out with Registax 6.  It is so counter intuitive to use.  I switched to Autostakkert 2 and its so much easier to use.  I can't say its better but for my brain it works a treat.  It also saves two file versions, one with wavelet type adjustments applied and one without so you can process both and see which one you prefer.

Hmm, what format are you saving as please? TIF files can be saved with adjustments embedded but not applied, that could be a possibility.

I like Registax 6 myself. I find rinsing my capture files through PIPP speeds it up a lot and greatly reduces the number of hangs when stacking, the pre-alignment helps a lot.

Hmm, what format are you saving as please? TIF files can be saved with adjustments embedded but not applied, that could be a possibility.

I like Registax 6 myself. I find rinsing my capture files through PIPP speeds it up a lot and greatly reduces the number of hangs when stacking, the pre-alignment helps a lot.

That may be it, although some processing had been applied to the saved image.

Isn't there an "apply all" button in registax that needs to be pressed before saving?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you mean "Do All" yeah I press that, seems like it might be Preview that has the issue, paint opened the image with no problems.

Archived