SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

what actually happens

Pretty open really. You get there, set up your tent, chat to folk, crack open some beers, maybe set up your stuff and compare equipment, maybe there are organised talks or demonstrations. You basically bide your time until nightfall, when undoubtedly there will be a beautiful still and crystal clear skies from 8pm till 6am and you get to look through everyone's scopes until you collapse in the morning ready to do the same the next night :shock: :D

Andrew

If you are with an SGL group you spend the daytime laughing and having fun. When it gets dark, you try to do your thing without making a fool of yourself while being encouraged and helped by everyone else.

They are the most fun you can have while keeping your clothes on.

Mike

Pretty open really. You get there, set up your tent, chat to folk, crack open some beers, maybe set up your stuff and compare equipment, maybe there are organised talks or demonstrations. You basically bide your time until nightfall, when undoubtedly there will be a beautiful still and crystal clear skies from 8pm till 6am and you get to look through everyone's scopes until you collapse in the morning ready to do the same the next night :shock: :D

Andrew

Tent??that would be roughing it then, :nono: gotta be a caravan mate............

Gary

As all have report above really!!... great fun. GO TO ONE!. you will not regret it. The last one I attended I should had left at 10.30 as I had a 6am start for work... left at 1pm with a 45min drive home :D

Andrew and Mike sum it up well. Andrew may be somewhat tongue-in-cheek, given your climate, but that's the way it is ideally, and actually, in Arizona.

Do attend if you can. You certainly won't regret it, and probably begin to relish it! :sunny:

Star Parties are great places to have a great laugh enjoy your hobby and relax.... Remember, if there is another attendee having difficulty, either with their tent setup, scope setup or vehicle.....(This dosn't extend to domestics) :wink: offer your help, it'll be very well recieved..

Rich

Who said anything about keeping clothes on? :shock:

Funny you should say that, I am incidentally right now doing a feasibility study of setting up an All Swedish Female Only 18-30's Asstro-Naturists Club. Please invite any elegible Swedes to email me, enclosing a signed photograph, mobile phone number, and rating from ratemypicture.com. I didn't want to limit the intake too much, so a passing interest in astronomy will suffice, which I would define as somebody who looks up now and again on a clear night. Due to the nature of the hobby, the ability to stay up all night is a must.

TJ

Archived