NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ideas for transporting truss tubes

Im looking for a way of storing my truss poles so they are not damaged in transit.

They are 50mm in diameter (with the foam) and ~5ft long.and there are 8 of them.   I was wondering what other use.  I was thinking maybe some fishing/golf/sports related bag might work well....

......fishing bags and pipes go hand in hand,  and although the walls of my fishing tubes / pipes are thinner, the do support the valuable fishing rods inside.  You could possibly fit two truss poles per tube. I can't check the size of my tubes just now, as the rains are just atrocious, while the remains of this storm passes through. ( Local council spent money on flood alleviations, which are almost near completion, yet  over 200  houses  being evacuated. Try and tell those folk that  the system works.)  If my road floods the city disappears, as I live on a hill  ? )

I use a fishing rod bag that I bought off Amazon, I cant remember how much it cost but I think it was about £20 maybe.

It doesn't offer a lot of protection for your trusses but it keeps them clean while they are stored or in the van, I also keep my shroud in there. 

post-20821-0-42434000-1407773116.jpg

Just looking at your blog and the new Obsession sure is a pretty thing isn't it? 

I use Nexus DSC's and love it and I'm sure you'll feel the same way about Argo Navis.

Hope you get that beast into some dark skies soon. :)

Aah! That's cool mike. Mine are in pairs (like a webster) that looks like just the job. I'll have a proper look when I see you on Exmoor in a week or two. :)

I reckon some fishermen are pretty desperate or they just aren't very good at it and need lots of rods because my bag holds eight rods! Theres still loads of room in my bag and I should imagine it would easily hold your bigger truss poles + foam covers. :)

Considered sewer pipe plus end caps, think would need 200mm, or use the standard 110mm and have 2 tubes containing 4 poles.

Yes, sorry, the weather is probably my fault, the obsession arrived about 10 days ago.

i thought you said September it was coming, bet your made up have you had a peep through it yet

Archived