Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

would you?...

estwing

took my lad to the space center last week and after 3hrs or so popped in the shop at the end of a very enjoyable visit and all Freddie wanted was some glow in the dark stars...and yes i had to put them in "proper" constellations on the ceiling ...plough,leo,orion etc..well...wouldnt you?!

Yes.........i have a starry ceiling, my lass did it for my 50th birthday other week, we have the plough and cassi but she has a bad hip so ended up with a random star field, our room is as black as a coal shute at night so it looks great, i sleep under the stars every night :hiding: 

took my lad to the space center last week and after 3hrs or so popped in the shop at the end of a very enjoyable visit and all Freddie wanted was some glow in the dark stars...and yes i had to put them in "proper" constellations on the ceiling ...plough,leo,orion etc..well...wouldnt you?!

Many years ago when I was still in Oz, I was working on a very old (for Oz) cinema. In the foyer of the building there was a dome about 20 mtrs across. The architec must have been an astronomer because inside the dome was a perfect fibre optic replica of the southern skies' constellations. i took the spark many weeks (you can imagine the number of fibres) then the artist came in and painted the artwork. Paintings by day, stars by night. It was pretty impressive.

How could you not!? My parents had the ceiling in their family room painted to look like a partly cloudy sky. Its very light paint color so it does look like a canvas painting. But the artist that did it also painted in stars with glow in the dark paint. You cant see the stars at all during the day but when you turn the lots out at night you can see them very clearly. It did it artistically so they round "dots" like we see stars not actual star shapes. Never new they had glow in the dark paint till that. That was painted almost 8 years ago and hasnt worn out either.

Ha, I bought my son that moon. If it's the one that changes phases, it's the one I have. Very cool for about 5 mins. He never used it. Never mind. Didn't really buy it for him in any case!!

Barry

I'd love to do something epic like that. A friend of my son has an entire astro landscape sprayed on his car roof. His surname is Lamoon. In the meantime my son , who is a graphic designer produced this most inspiring bit of fun !post-6974-0-62650300-1407560816_thumb.jp Nick.

Archived