Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Star Adventurer

Its smaller but has less features than a full mount would offer.

It will fit on a photographic tripod and pack in a bag making transport to darksites or on holiday far easier than an EQ3 setup.

You could says its strenghts and weakness are the oposite of the EQ3 making them both perfecly viable in their own rights.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Can I just ask, are you supposed to get a canon shutter release cable in with these?

Just looked on your website looking for the cable and on the listings for the options of where you choose your specific cable is says,

C1 : Replaces standard Canon cable already supplied with mount.

If so, I didn't get one with my mount.

The cable doesn't come with it, you have to buy the one that fits the mount and your camera.

I think they mean it replaces the standard Canon cable that you buy for the camera as they do seven different ones they can't supply it with the mount.

I can't actually find one for sale anywhere and the OV and Skywatcher sites don't seem to list them.

Dave

Just caught this thread, with reference to the Canon C1 cable, I have just received one in the post, got it from sjbtraders.co.uk for £4.99, hope that's of help. FLO are out of stock.

Tam

Archived