I feel so inferior showing these, but we have to start somewhere, right? :D

3964_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

3965_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

3966_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Don't Laugh!!!!!

As you can see, it's a Bresser Galaxia 114mm reflector, with a 900mm focal length, 3 Kellner EP's

4mm, 9mm, and a 25mm. with a 3x Barlow, Moon Filter, Factory supplied mount and tripod.

Also has a x1.5 erecting eyepiece, (Whatever that is!)

Any help with that piece? What is it usually for?

Nick.......

An erecting eyepiece is designed to flip the image back over so that its the 'right way up' - useful for terrestial observing but not for astronomy!

A 114mm scope is nothing to be ashamed of, the higher focal ratio means you can use cheaper eyepieces and still get good views and collimation isn't such a worry.

My neighbour has an old 4.5 inch Meade reflector and the views he gets are great and you'd be surpirsed just how many faint objects are visible in one.

James

Many of the people on here started with similar scopes, the spec is not to bad, will allow you to explore lots and from your dark skies you should with experience have some great views.

More info is on the link below

http://www.astroshop.de/en/telescopes/bresser/reflectors/bresser-galaxia-114-900mm

A good starter scope.

naz

Many of the people on here started with similar scopes, the spec is not to bad, will allow you to explore lots and from your dark skies you should with experience have some great views.

More info is on the link below

http://www.astroshop.de/en/telescopes/bresser/reflectors/bresser-galaxia-114-900mm

A good starter scope.

naz

Thanks for the link naz, the accessory section for it is rather interesting!

Thanks once again!

Nick..

I had a try with a Bresser 90mm refractor once which had a similar mount to yours. I was very impressed with the mount and was able to take in around 15 messiers in 1 very enjoyable session. It will be perfect for you to practice polar alignment and getting to grips with using an eq mount. It will also give you some lovely views of brighter DSOs.

No need to be embarrassed about that kit, it's pukka stuff :D

..... Well, the aperture at the top, is 135mm. but i think the mirror is 114mm.

For astro scopes the term aperture means the diameter of the main mirror or lens although it's easy to see why the term could cause a little confusion for those new to the hobby :lol:

Much of my observing over 30 years in the hobby has been done with a 102mm aperture scope - it's suprising what smaller scopes can see once you have had a bit of practice :D

Yours looks a nice outfit.

John

Now't wrong with that setup Nick.

It doesn't matter what 'kit' you have, its how much enjoyment you get from using it that counts.

We all share a common interest here, and nobody should feel that their 'kit' is inferior. There's no, those that have, and those that have not clique culture on SGL.

Dave

I agree with the other guys,that is a very nice set up. In fact I have the same mount which I often use with a small refractor for visual work. It's light but quite sturdy and the whole set up including scope can be carried outside with ease. Your ready to start viewing straight away. 8)

Enjoy

CW

I'm also aries, actually...

Andrew

Hmmm. Me too... who is going to dare to start a thread entitled "What star sign are you?".... :D

...and the whole set up including scope can be carried outside with ease. Your ready to start viewing straight away. 8)

... and thats another benefit from having such a scope!

James

That should do nicely to get going with Nick, it also looks like you've got a great site for an observatory later on....

Mark

Trying to convince the wife that it's COMPULSORY!

something along the lines of " Can't be a member of SGL unless we build one love!"

Thanks for all your comments, really appreciate it! :D

Archived