Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

atik 314l with qhy5l-II problems

Hi All

got a new 314l loaded all the drivers for cam and artemis  + dawn all working ok ,

plugged  qhy5l  in and the cam changed from qhy to Atik USB 2.0 HR chemi camera  (A)  and will not work tried to update drivers but win7 (64bit)  tells me I got the best drivers

have used the qhy5  for guiding before with dslr +eqmod  all ok ,  now will not work ( no red led on backend of cam ) ran troublestoot  still the same

driver listed as  system32\drivers\atikusb,sys  re-ran qhy drivers  and no change

anyone use a qhy5l with atik s/w  on the same laptop ???

Lenny

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As above, you can only use Atik cameras with Artemis Capture, if you're guiding with the QHY you''ll have to use PHD.

I use Atik 314L in Artemis and Star Shoot Autoguider (baslcally  the same as QHY5) in PHD at the same time.

I think the red led on the camera should light up as soon as it's plugged into the USB, without starting any software.

Dave

the atik software as hijacked my qhy and turned it into atik usb 2.0 and don't work no more

I don't wont it to work with artemis  , I wont to  be  found as a qhy5L-ll and work with PHD

after installing the atik software its all gone wrong by hijacking my qhy that worked before 

the atik software as hijacked my qhy and turned it into atik usb 2.0 and don't work no more

Lenny I don't think it's possible for it to change the camera permanently, it sounds like the software is reporting the camera to the operating system as something else and likely loading incorrect drivers.

Reboot, Try a copy of PHD or a trial of Nebulosity and the camera should function as intended.

wont work with neb3 or phd1 or phd2 or ezcap

it just wont work

Simon you are spot on with it "reporting it as something else"   but I cant find a way round it

Lenny

Try deleting the device in device manager (assumng your using windows here); then reboot.

Plug the camera back in and go through the rigmarole of installing the QHY device drivers.

Don't bother with Artemis to start with, run up PHD or Neb and confirm the cameras functioning.

Thats what I was going to suggest, just start up the QHY5 on it's own and make sure it works OK.  Then switch on Artemis for your Aitk.  I use both and works OK (mines the plain QHY5 not the 11 version).  I must admit I always start up PHD first before starting up Artemis.

If the drivers have become mucked up as above suggest start over again.

Carole

Hmmm

I have recently upgraded from the ol' QHY5 to the new slimline QHY5L II for guiding.

I find I have to use the ASCOM camera chooser to get it to work both with PHDV2 and AstroArtV5

I can easily run both the QHY5L II and various ATiK cameras (16ic/ 16icS/ 3144L) under AstroArtV5.

Win7 64 system

starting over again with a factory reset on lappy and NOT GOING to install Artemis and get everything back to normal , ascom 6.1 , phd1+2, eqmod , cdc qhy and use neb3 for capture

not lost any thing only use lappy for astro outside

Lenny

still cant get it to work , nearly smashed the qhy lappy and 314 , time to sell up and start knitting

biggest regret spending a grand and going backwards

Probably a Microsoft issue.

Dave

Before you give up,

Does the QHY5 work in PHD? if not does it work with the QHY capture software?

Does the Atik work in artemis?

Will these work at the same time?

When you say factory reset do you mean clean format and install?

back to out of the box setting on the lappy ( + 2hrs of windows updates )

314 works great with artemis + neb3  , no problems at all

qhy5L-ll , red led showing on the back , drivers loaded shows up as driver A ,  qhy ascom driver loaded , all looks ok ,

phd2 try to connect to cam with ascom , comes up  " cant connect problems with ascom drivers"

tried a repair option on ascom platform no joy, reloaded ascom platrorm still the same

qhy5 will not work with ezcap , on cam showing up even after scanning for cam

qhy5 under device manager / update drivers load driver B , still the same back to driver A still the same

load artemis plug in qhy5 and it gets hijacked and turned into atik usb2 hr2

back to square one

just fed up now 

i have heard of this before, there is a way to reset the qhy, it could be a firmware update. sorry i cant recall more details, i either read about it here or on astronomyshed.

Archived