Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First HaOiiiOiii - guess what, it's another Crescent.

RikM

This is the result of imaging over the two shortest nights of the year :) I think I have overcooked it a bit but on the whole, I'm quite happy with where it is at the moment. I'll give it some more of both NB filters and with luck some RGB for star colour.

Mount: NEQ6 Pro with QHY5 on 50mm f/4 finderguider guiding with Maxim DL via EQMod pulse guiding

Camera: SXV-H9 mono (with a dodgy USB socket :( )

Filters: Baader CCD 7nm Ha; 8.5nm Oiii

Telescope: SkyWatcher Explorer 150P f/5 single speed Newtonian with Baader MPCC II

Subs:

4x 20min Ha

3x 20min + 6x 30min Oiii

Calibration: Bias subtracted only for now.

Capture, calibration, stacking, colour combine as HaOiiiOiii at 1.0|1.1|1.1, DDP stretch and auto gradient removal in Maxim DL; final fiddle with Photoshop CS3.

Thanks to both my sons for the Oiii filter, and thanks to FLO for the new Clear Outside astronomy weather forecast for letting me know it would be worth pulling two late nights in a row :D

post-5915-0-28406800-1403452290_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Since I haven't had the clear sky time to add to this yet, I've been playing with what I had to try and tone down the background and bring out the OIII shell a bit more.

I'm not sure if 9x 20min would beat 6x 30min for the OIII?

post-5915-0-95564600-1404335689_thumb.jp

Blimey, I missed this one!

Weyheyyy!! Rik finally does a proper NB image! :D

Good first choice mate, you've nailed that outer OIII halo nicely. Actually, looking at it again - thats bloomin marvellous for your first go. More please!

Archived