Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

finally I got something to look through

neptune1

After a bit of bad health I had to give up on the idea of a large dob. I ordered a Televue NP101 which I picked up on Saturday with some nice EPs (13mm and 21mm Ethos and 4.5mm Delos) and a Vixen Porta II mount (needed something not too heavy). Was actually able to use it the same night! i know!!!! Skies nice and clear from 10.30 until midnight. I spilt some double stars and had a great look around. Optics seem great but what do I know...it was a treat to set up, can get the whole thing up in 5 mins. 

I've downloaded the sky app and next time will take my planisphere and books out with me. Was too excited to faff about, plus wasted some time trying to work out how to fit the 13mm into the diagonal and whether to take the barrel screw out. 

Good news is the whole thing will fit in the car easily with husband/child/mother in law/all our luggage and we can take it on holiday. 

Lovely jubbly.

That's a great setup you got yourself, I'd be really interested to take a look at the TV101 as I've contemplated getting the IS version for widefield AP, but wanted something that would be great for visual as well.

I have a few TV eye pieces you could try out with it as well so do let us know if you're interested in heading out to MR tomorrow.

Dan

That's a great setup you got yourself, I'd be really interested to take a look at the TV101 as I've contemplated getting the IS version for widefield AP, but wanted something that would be great for visual as well.

I have a few TV eye pieces you could try out with it as well so do let us know if you're interested in heading out to MR tomorrow.

Dan

cheers Dan. I won't be able to come this week but I'll hopefully make a meet up soon. I'm much too much of a beginner to advise you but it seems a very good visual scope from what I've seen so far (hoping to get back out in the garden tonight weather permitting). I'd be grateful for someone who actually knows what they're doing to try it out and it would be great to see what different eyepieces can do (I'd appreciate all the expertise you guys have, although I'll be a bit embarrassed at being such a total novice). 

Wow...not too bad for a first scope...;-)

Hope it stays clear for you! as Daniel says, we are heading out tomorrow night (sent you a message about it).

Thanks Steve, a bit of an extravagant outlay for a beginner really but I had a rubbish year and thought to hell with it. Everyone I know spends money on cars and clothes and going out- I don't (am in danger of being thrown out of Essex for lack of effort  :grin: ) so thought I'd blow it on something I'll use. It's been nice and easy to use, even my 9 year old can focus it. i've got to get used to star hopping with it and a big learning curve is ahead. I replied to your pm, thank you for thinking of me. 

Archived