NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Arduino Ascom focuser Mark2

tekkydave

That's very useful if you have several 1-wire devices connected and I do the same but with only one device you can use different code that bypasses the device ID.  I think it's in the Arduino web page or I could find it if you like.

• Like 3

That's very useful if you have several 1-wire devices connected and I do the same but with only one device you can use different code that bypasses the device ID.  I think it's in the Arduino web page or I could find it if you like.

That would be great Gina :grin:

It should start at position 1000 with the latest arduino sketch and driver. I also added the option to specify the start position on the chooser dialog. If you don't see the drop-down box when you choose the driver you might be using an earlier release.

ah that's great. I the sketch I have is R5 I think dated 13 April 2014. I'll see if there is a later one

Edited by mindburner

Thats strange - I ordered one of those last night. I thought it would be handy to have a probe to position wherever it was needed to get the correct temperature.

I've ordered one now as well :) For the sake of a couple pounds, it looks a lot nicer!

So that's will be three of us with white wine correctly chilled......................... 

• Like 1

Couldn't find how to not use the device address, but found how to get the device quite simply. The following 2 lines of code assigns the address:

oneWire.reset_search();
oneWire.search(TempSensor);
New sketch attached to post.

Thanks Gina, looks like you will have 2 credits in the sketch :grin:

I'm still searching for that code, so far without success :(  Been trying to think which of my many Arduino based projects this would apply to.  I ought to produce a page with all the Arduino sketch snippets.  I really need to get myself better organised :D

• Like 1

I've just searched thorugh all the sketches I have used since I got this desktop several years ago and they all use either ID codes found by running a separate sketch or by searching 1-wire devices within the main sketch.  All I can think of is that was mentioned in a post on here - either started by me or in reply to someone else's.  That's "a needle in a haystack!" :(

However, I did come across a reference to an Arduino 1-wire library with the facility to skip the ID selection :-

myWire.skip()

Skip the device selection. This only works if you have a single device, but you can avoid searching and use this to immediatly access your device.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_OneWire.html

This doesn't "ring any bells" - I thought I got this from somewhere else but this seems to be one answer :)

Edited by Gina
  • Like 1

I've just searched thorugh all the sketches I have used since I got this desktop several years ago and they all use either ID codes found by running a separate sketch or by searching 1-wire devices within the main sketch.  All I can think of is that was mentioned in a post on here - either started by me or in reply to someone else's.  That's "a needle in a haystack!" :(

However, I did come across a reference to an Arduino 1-wire library with the facility to skip the ID selection :-

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_OneWire.html

This doesn't "ring any bells" - I thought I got this from somewhere else but this seems to be one answer :)

Thanks for trying Gina :grin:

Hi Dave

I ran your installer (Win7 64bit Ultimate) but ASCOM_AAF2Setup.msi only installs the application, it does install the ASCOM focuser driver necessary for the FOCUSAAF2.EXE program to talk to.  Thats on my system.

Is it possible to post the ascom focuser driver separately instead of part of the .msi 

I have the arduino code running but cannot seem to install the ,msi file properly so am missing the ascom driver

Cheers

robert

Install of the driver has been a bit of a problem, pages 3 and 4 of this thread outline the problems, I have just reinstalled windows 7 ultimate 32bit and had to run it all again.  I will repeat that I am not comfortable with this code stuff.

Post #57,  AAF2 install places the driver dll here:   C:\Program Files (x86)\AAF2\AAF2\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll 

Opening cmd as admin using Ctrl-Shift-Enter,  I pasted

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe "C:\Program Files\AAF2\AAF2\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll"

into the cmd window and installed the driver.

The address for the dll may be slightly different on 64bit.   hope this is helpful.   Mick 

Hi Dave

I ran your installer (Win7 64bit Ultimate) but ASCOM_AAF2Setup.msi only installs the application, it does install the ASCOM focuser driver necessary for the FOCUSAAF2.EXE program to talk to. Thats on my system.

Is it possible to post the ascom focuser driver separately instead of part of the .msi

I have the arduino code running but cannot seem to install the ,msi file properly so am missing the ascom driver

Cheers

robert

Hi Robert and thanks for downloading my project. The driver assembly is installed it just isn't registered so the rest of the system can 'see' it. Unfortunately I haven't worked out how to get the installer to automatically register the driver correctly yet. There is a work-round where you can register it manually using the regasm utility, which is part of the .net framework already installed on your PC.

The details are in this topic at post #57 (on page 3). I need to find the time to sort this out once and for all but other projects and commitments (like work!) keep getting in the way.

Edited by tekkydave

Install of the driver has been a bit of a problem, pages 3 and 4 of this thread outline the problems, I have just reinstalled windows 7 ultimate 32bit and had to run it all again.  I will repeat that I am not comfortable with this code stuff.

Post #57,  AAF2 install places the driver dll here:   C:\Program Files (x86)\AAF2\AAF2\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll 

Opening cmd as admin using Ctrl-Shift-Enter,  I pasted

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe "C:\Program Files\AAF2\AAF2\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll"

into the cmd window and installed the driver.

The address for the dll may be slightly different on 64bit.   hope this is helpful.   Mick

Thanks Mick - you beat me to the answer.

How many posts until I can edit ?

looking at the dll addresses above,  

C:\Program Files (x86)\AAF2\AAF2\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll  is more than possibly the 64bit address and

C:\Program Files\AAF2\AAF2\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll   the 32bit

How many posts until I can edit ?

looking at the dll addresses above,  

C:\Program Files (x86)\AAF2\AAF2\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll  is more than possibly the 64bit address and

C:\Program Files\AAF2\AAF2\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll   the 32bit

250 posts till you can edit your own posts.

Thanks Mick - you beat me to the answer.

No problem, it helps me to keep it in my thick head, would not have been so easy if I had not just run it all again,  I can remember a few attempts at this on my first install, looking back I think I was using the 64bit address on 32bit  :BangHead: but may have had stray spaces in as well.........

Hi Dave,

Got all the bits now so will make a start today, as an Arduino virgin it will be interesting, on your photo you appear to have jumpers on the pins at the opposite end to the USB plug, are they serving any purpose or just insulating the pins ?

Dave

Looks like snipped off to me,  would make it easier to fit in the box.

I found the first version of Arduino I installed was slow on my win 7 lappy,  found

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,118440.0.html

'enhanced'  snappier - worked for me.  First time using this stuff as well, not finding to easy,  my fresh install just refused to show a com port but is working now.  But have had it working and working well ,  - if I don't think about time it's cheap - but hay I'm learning  :grin:  :grin: