Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Beautiful Sunday Morning Sun

Pig

Morning All

I awake to a full sun this morning beaming through the window, it looks like we are in for a cracker of a day.

There is a large rolling prominence at the 3O'clock position and a few smaller proms, but none the less beautiful, at the 5 , 7 ,9 & 10 O'clock positions.

The 9 O'clock prom looks like a solid rod and is starting to thin toward the centre so this may separate at some point. The 10 O'clock prom is very fine and looks like a 3 jet fountain.

Surface detail is excellent again with lots of swirls, moustaches and filaments leaving their footprints behind them and ultimately contributing to that lovely marble effect we see on the suns surface

The granulation is also looking fantastic and it is peppered right across the surface

The sunspots ( or star spots ) are stealing the show, nothing short of fantastic. They are about 7 groups spread about the surface of the disc, 3 of them very large indeed making the penumbra & crochet patterns very easy to see.

Have a great day guys

The conditions this morning are excellent allowing great detail to be seen.

Cant really describe just how good the spots are, its just one of them things you have to see for yourself

I had a look at the Lunt scopes at the exhibition yesterday Skem to see if I could see the 50mm but they said it will be around July/ August before they are available.

Damn you sun-gazers!  I need a solar scope and a white sheet to hide under.  The neighbours are going to think I am right weird, under a sheet staring at the sun in the day and staggering around clinking eyepieces in the dark at night.  Hey ho. 

Have a good day all you sun-grazers !

you just have to accept we are all oddballs for even taking up this hobby :grin:

My neighbours are at the point where they knock at the door to come and have a look.

Come to think of it I haven't seen my old lady friend for a while, I hope she's ok :grin: . She thinks I am a peeping tom and refuses to look through my scope in fear of being associated with me .

you just have to accept we are all oddballs for even taking up this hobby :grin:

My neighbours are at the point where they knock at the door to come and have a look.

Come to thin of it I haven't seen my old lady friend for a while, I hope she's ok :grin: . She thinks I am a peeping tom and refuses to look through my scope in fear of being associated with me .

I have a low wall in my yard and the ladies are beginning to hop over the wall to share the views now .  I can't speak any Spanish & they speak broken English.  Cool fun though trying to explain stuff in broken English about full moon vs the advantages of a terminator :grin:.  Not sure what my girlfriend thinks of all these ladies jumping to wall to share the views of the night.  Life could be worse!

Pig the day looks ace today.  Enjoy!

Today is one of those days when the white light beats the h-alpha for me! The highlight: a close pair of large sunspot groups, each with several large dark spots. The solar equivalent of M81 and M82! Just wow, goosebumps time!

Today is one of those days when the white light beats the h-alpha for me! The highlight: a close pair of large sunspot groups, each with several large dark spots. The solar equivalent of M81 and M82! Just wow, goosebumps time!

I couldn't agree more Luke :smiley:  Excellent way to express the connection there.

10 points to Luke :grin:

Fantastic views over here too,the 90mm is taking 157x on the spots very well.That one big spot looks like a golfball on a tee!Heavy granulation visible,one of the best days yet.

Archived