Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vega - challenging double?

If it helps, this is from SkySafari at x53 with a 1.88 degree fov down to mag 11 and flipped vertically to match newt view (I think!)

gaqubugy.jpg

I'm struggling to match the star field or identify the double!!

This is with a circle at 0.022 degrees which if my maths is right is 1.3 arc minutes or 80.2 arc seconds??? No star showing even down to mag 18!

4edu8eha.jpg

Confused

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get an eyepiece view very similar to Shane's - I've even broken the habits of a lifetime and done a sketch myself!

I can't match it against Stellarium though, but I am sure that the star immediately next to Vega in Shane's sketch is the one I take to be secondary - it's certainly about the right sep and PA.

Chris

This is looking more like it, 15mm Plossl in an f5 6" showing down to mag 11. It is flipped in both axes to match you sketch Shane. It's pretty close, and by the fact that there is no star where you have shown the double it looks like you are right? I guess SkySafari doesn't show it?

pymu8unu.jpg

Stu

This is my (grotty) sketch showing about 28 arc min vertically. My art teacher said I had the artistic skills of a carrot! I still can't see the star listed at due E of Vega, mag 9.5 though. odd/suspicious.

Chris

post-8142-0-13036200-1402562449_thumb.jp

You might need the FLO Clearance Hubble though for most of these.....

Chris

I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet ;-)

Where is Joves, he'll have it :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived