Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

If you only compare the prices...

emadmoussa

I must have spent at least nearly £10000 on astro gear (and related software and cables etc) over the 

past six years. I am also about to by an EQ8 and possibly another CCD camera from my inheritance. if you include the cost of star parties (I go to three or four a year), lord knows how much I have spent!

Best not to add it up.....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must have spent at least nearly £10000 on astro gear (and related software and cables etc) over the 

past six years. I am also about to by an EQ8 and possibly another CCD camera from my inheritance. if you include the cost of star parties (I go to three or four a year), lord knows how much I have spent!

trying to figure out how many washing machines this sum of money could've bought :D :D

Ex-Army long wheel base rag top landie? Equals mobile dob observatory I reckon. :)

Cheers

Ian

THIS!

as.jpg

Landrover Forward Control Ambulance.

With on obsy on top.

The ultimate go-anywhere Dob Mob immediate response unit.

"It must and shall be mine."

edit: apologies to emad for slightly hogging the thread!  sorry.   :smiley:

THIS!

as.jpg

Landrover Forward Control Ambulance.

With on obsy on top.

The ultimate go-anywhere Dob Mob immediate response unit.

"It must and shall be mine."

edit: apologies to emad for slightly hogging the thread!  sorry.   :smiley:

cant resist ... 1973 swb 2.25l petrol original station wagon with fairy overdrive , safari roof, free wheel hubs, kenlowe fan, webber carb l, limestone paint... parked on my drive , called bessie !

cant resist ... 1973 swb 2.25l petrol original station wagon with fairy overdrive , safari roof, free wheel hubs, kenlowe fan, webber carb l, limestone paint... parked on my drive , called bessie !

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  :Envy:

photo' ?

m

edit:  "Landy Lust" really should have it's own sub-thread.

Everybody has their interests. I keep a list of astronomy things I want. Whenever I come home from work and see the wife has bought something new for the garden, I think "Hmm, my turn". It's all about compromise ;)

the chunk of coal sitting in the grate is miles bigger and far cheaper than my wifes engagement ring and they're basically the same stuff. I'd be hard pressed getting her to wear a chunk of coal regardless of the price :D

Having been on my own since November, it's only just recently I found out what washing machines are. There's an iron in the cupboard but I haven't found out what that does yet ;)

A Nagler is much easier to understand and of far more use :)

"Landy Lust" really should have it's own sub-thread.

Been there, done that for 14 years and have scarred knuckles, bad back and lots of grey hairs as a result. Plus they are utter money pits - more so than astronomy if you actually compete in them!

Sold it last year to buy an Audi quattro and a big dob and have never looked back! Astro has so far been much cheaper and easier to get new purchases past swmbo.

Although I still find myself standing about in fields in the cold...funny that, both hobbies have similarities!

Archived