NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempt with the C9.25

About 2 and a half years ago I took my first webcam images with my then setup, a 127 MAK and an SPC880 webcam, and managed some ok images. After selling the MAK and webcams and purchasing the C9.25 I have never had another go at imaging. Last August I received the QHY 5LII colour cam for my birthday but never got around to having a go.

Finishing work early on Good Friday I decided with the forecast looking ok, tonight would be the night to have another go at imaging. After setting up the scope and polar aligning as good as I could I set about getting the QHY working with Sharpcap. I had a great few hours a captured around 40Gb of AVI of Jupiter, Saturn and Mars.

On Saturday afternoon with Registax downloaded and an hour of reading as much information on its use as I could I had a go at getting some images. I was not that confident as during image capture the atmospheric distortion was very bad the image fluctuated from a complete fuzzy blob to something resembling a planet. After processing I must say I am amazed and now have definitely got the bug back. Cannot wait to get out again.

post-7920-0-29304700-1398183423_thumb.pn

post-7920-0-63583300-1398183477_thumb.pn

post-7920-0-65587100-1398183534_thumb.pn

Really fantastic work sir!! I would adjust the white balance for they are just a bit yellowish/greenish in tint. Besides that bravo!!!!

Thanks Leveye, this might be a daft question but do I adjust white balance while taking the AVI or whilst processing it?

three very nice images congratulations! as knobby said the colour is subjective.

the Mars image looks pretty good to me. the Saturn i think probably has more detail you could tease out of it still. i like the original jupiter to be honest more, it looks a little sharper to me.

three very nice images congratulations! as knobby said the colour is subjective.

the Mars image looks pretty good to me. the Saturn i think probably has more detail you could tease out of it still. i like the original jupiter to be honest more, it looks a little sharper to me.

I should add, the colour edit was just to give an idea .

Did it on my phone with pic shop lite so it probably lost resolution :-)

I should add, the colour edit was just to give an idea .

Did it on my phone with pic shop lite so it probably lost resolution :-)

crikey i struggle to edit on a laptop, you have done extremely well! colour is such a tricky thing to get correct, if there is such a thing as correct!

Archived