Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank-you  :smile:

We will change our product listing to 'Unavailable' because we have already pre-sold our first delivery of Lodestar X2. As soon as we are confident we will receive more we'll update our website and this thread. 

Patience is a virtue.....plus it gives me more time to sort out the OAG and various mounts and adaptors I'll need!

I won't be able to use the OAG with my Baader MPCC III as it turns out there's not enough back focus (~55mm of which 46.5mm is camera body!). So I might need to get one of these

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/coma-correctors/baader-rcci-rowe-coma-corrector.html

Expensive hobby this!

Well done SX. I use three Lodestars and found the old connection consistently awful. I tried all the dodges, loops and splints etc, but sooner or later they all gave a poor connection. This may be the amount of use they get here, of course.

So what does the other end of the new cable look like? Do we need an adapter to USB?

Even more sensitivity will have the OAG users chuckling with delight.

Olly

I believe some shipped out today- now we'll have a month of cloud before we can review them!!

Yes, all backorders were dispatched Friday via FeEx so will be landing on customer's doorsteps today :smiley: 

Mine arrived about 9am this morning :)  The usual great service from FLO and fast delivery by FedEx :)

Swapped it with the old Lodestar for guiding tonight and what a difference! :)  Several stars in the FOV and bright too - not the faint smudge I've been used to.  This is certainly a far superior camera! :)  Excellent :)

I have now been using the new Lodestar with OAG on my MN190 for several nights and still marvelling at the improvement over the old one.  Bright stars in the FOV and guiding well with 1s integration time :)  Also just one hot pixel rather than several.  I'm well pleased :)

I have now been using the new Lodestar with OAG on my MN190 for several nights and still marvelling at the improvement over the old one.  Bright stars in the FOV and guiding well with 1s integration time :)  Also just one hot pixel rather than several.  I'm well pleased :)

has performed flawlessly for me too, very impressed

velvet

One hot pixel? I have four!

Can anyone advise me about using this camera with the Celestron's Off-Axis guider on the EdgeHD11 (2800mm f/l)? I am currently using QHY5 mono, and I get decent results. I do have troubles finding a guide star occasionally. What are the external dimensions of this camera?

i know someone who uses this with a 10 inch RC and has no problems at all.  the dimensions are just a little longer than the original SX Lodestar, only by about 1 inch.  so is quite small

Velvet

• 9 months later...

This might be a silly question, but I have just bought a Lodestar x2 and I am new to guiding. In Phd I have to set the camera pixel size. It is 8.6x8.3 microns. Which value do I use? should I just average the two? or doesn't it make that much difference?

Archived